Service Employees International Union MN State Council
Digital Political Organizer
The SEIU Minnesota State Council will be hiring for the full-time, temporary position of Digital Political Organizer through December 2018. The State Council acts as the point of coordination between the Locals and SEIU International to advance a pro-working families agenda at the local, state, and federal levels, support candidates who will forward that agenda, and build public support for the work of SEIU, and support and enhance the member and infrastructure capacities toward these ends. The Digital Political Organizer will support the Communications Director at the State Council, in close coordination with the Locals and International Union, and will report to the State Council Executive Director.
General Position Description
- Develop and execute web-based, social media, text message, email, and mobile phone application content to build workplace and electoral power for working families in Minnesota;
- Plan and implement high impact, creative digital tactics that help shape the public narrative, reach our growth goals, and build power for working families;
- Produce and optimize content, including emails, action pages, social media posts, and app supported content to ensure maximum impact based on testing and analytics;
- Maintain and grow SEIU digital media presence with members;
- Work with Local leaders and staff to identify, recruit, and train member leaders and activists;
- Develop and carry out online-to-offline plans to move engaged members to action;
- Support the planning of and turnout to member events and State Council activities;
- Monitor news and developments on SEIU priority issues and identify opportunities to engage SEIU members and allies;
- Localize content from SEIU International and partners to amplify national campaigns;
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience developing digital strategy and managing content, branding, and advertizing for issue and/or candidate campaigns, including knowledge of trends and best practices;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience in creative, compelling prose that can move people to take action;
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and develop plans with clear goals, roles, timeline, metrics and budget estimates;
- Creativity, flexibility and comfort working in a rapidly-changing environment while meeting deadlines and maintaining meticulous attention to detail;
- Commitment to social justice, to the values and goals of SEIU, and to working at a values-based organization with a high emphasis on mutual respect and workplace culture;
- Experience working with labor or social justice organizing environment;
- Ability to work independently and incorporate constructive feedback and direction;
- Multi-lingual fluency preferred;
- Graphic design proficiency preferred.
Posting closes March 12, 2018.
Wages and benefits subject to existing policies and procedures, starting in the upper $40,000s.
This position is full time through 2018, with possible extension based on performance, program results, and available funding.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please no walk-ins or phone calls.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Did you like this? Share it: