The SEIU Minnesota State Council will be hiring for the full-time, temporary position of Events and Administrative Coordinator, running through December 2018. SEIU is the workers who provide care and support for your family in public schools, hospitals, higher education, nursing homes, schools, in your homes and the Twin Cities’ largest public and private buildings. The SEIU Minnesota State Council coordinates the electoral, legislative and outreach work of the SEIU Locals in Minnesota to increase the effectiveness of their collective bargaining and new member organizing campaigns. By building the political involvement of the approximately 53,000 SEIU members throughout the state, the State Council is working to improve the lives of all Minnesotans. The Events and Administrative Coordinator will manage the logistics involved in bringing organizations together in collective events and support the administrative and financial work of the State Council and Minnesotans for a Fair Economy (MFE), a coalition of labor, community, and faith-based organizations advocating for economic and racial justice. The Events and Administrative Coordinator will report to the State Council Executive Director.
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION:
- Coordinate multi-organization meetings and events in partnership with MFE staff;
- Support the State Council’s contract financial staffperson in administering the State Council’s financial and human resource systems; and
- Provide administrative support to the State Council and MFE staff.
- Manage meeting and event logistics, including but not limited to preparation of materials, reserving space and catering, and volunteer support;
- Manage financial paperwork for approvals, including check requests, credit card charges, etc.;
- Manage human resources paperwork, including new staff paperwork, timecards, etc.;
- Use QuickBooks desktop version to enter and classify income and expenditures and print checks;
- Track and enter information required for campaign finance compliance;
- Gather check signatures, including when necessary, from around the Twin Cities;
- Provide financial reports from QuickBooks and campaign finance software;
- Purchase materials and supplies as needed;
- Maintain a professional office environment;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Ability to meet deadlines and organize and execute multiple tasks with great attention to detail;
- Experience using Intuit QuickBooks Pro, Windows desktop version;
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Proven interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate with diverse communities and leaders;
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Bi-/Multi-language proficiency preferred;
Posting closes November 8, 2017 or when filled.
Wages and benefits subject to existing policies and procedures, starting in the upper $40,000s.
This position is full time through 2018, with possible extension based on performance, program results, and available funding.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com, or mail to SEIU MN State Council, Attn: Executive Director, 2233 University Avenue West, Suite 422, Saint Paul, MN 55114.
Please no walk-ins or phone calls.