Tell Lawmakers to Create Jobs NOW!
The 2012 Legislative session is now only hours from being over and 150,000 Minnesotans are still looking for work! But lawmakers have yet to send critical job creation bills to Governor Dayton’s desk. Please urge legislators to act now and pass the Bonding Bill that would put nearly 21,000 Minnesotans back to work.
Click here to send an important message to your lawmaker and tell them that passing the Bonding Bill will:
- Create much-needed jobs for Minnesotans;
- Improve our aging and crumbling infrastructure of roads, highways and bridges;
- And put the needs of hard-working Minnesotans ahead of corporate interests and more tax breaks for the richest 1%
If the GOP-majority legislature adjourns without creating much-needed family-sustaining jobs in our state then it will have failed Minnesotans who want to and need to work.
- The Governor and DFL legislators have proposals on the table that would create tens of thousands of jobs. The Governor’s bonding proposal would create up to 21,000 jobs, the DFL jobs proposal would create 15,000 jobs.
- At a time when more than 150,000 Minnesotans are out of work, we can’t afford to miss this opportunity to put thousands of people back to work with smart investments in our infrastructure.
- The DFL is still focused on getting Minnesota back to work and supporting the backbone of our economy – a strong middle class.
- The legislature still has time to avoid a do-nothing session in order to pass jobs initiatives that can put thousands of Minnesotans back to work. By contrast, the GOP has chosen to turn their backs on the middle class by proposing another multibillion dollar giveaway to corporations in their tax bill. Corporations are the real winners in the GOP’s “budget-busting” tax bill, not middle class Minnesotans.
- The Republican Tax Bill does nothing to create jobs or put Minnesotans back to work. It chooses to give a tax break to corporations instead of paying back our schools. The Republican’s tax cuts for corporations are fiscally irresponsible. It would grow our deficit next year by $150 million and over blow a $1-2 billion hole in the state’s budget in the next decade.
Let’s Rally together and tell Legislators to act now and create jobs!
WHERE: State Capitol Steps (75 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, St. Paul)
WHEN: Thursday, May 3, 11:00 AM